CenturyLink Director, Talent Development - North American Operations in WORKS FROM HOME, Kansas
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This person will be responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees through training programs. They will accomplish this through the assessment of the organization’s training needs, prioritizing and creating programs, and then deploying training programs for CenturyLink employees in the North American Operations business unit. They will work with Business Unit leaders to assess the impact of current programs and prioritize current and future training investments. They will work closely with the senior leadership to identify business needs then drive training initiatives and arrange effective training solutions for employees. This person will also be a thought leader in the instructional design and learning technology space to help drive innovation for the organization.
· Manage trainer development programs and coach others involved in training efforts
· Provide effective growth and development opportunities
· Develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
· Create operating metrics to measure impact and performance
· Assess current training & learning curriculum and measure impact of programs and delivery methods
· Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results
· Develop core curriculum to support organization’s functional leadership, onboarding, and continuing education needs
· Link training and learning services to business strategies
- Engage in vendor management, budget management, strategic sourcing, program marketing, and internal communication of learning events
7 – 10 years managing training and learning programs
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s level degree preferred)
Ability to travel up to 30% required
Ability to think conceptually and strategically , while maintaining a cost-conscious and practical approach to using time and resources
Excellent business acumen
· Demonstrated ability building strong business relationships across all levels of the organization
· Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Strong analytical capabilities
Strong consulting/facilitation skills
Strong project planning skills and ability to design, implement, and facilitate successful leadership development initiatives and programs
Strong understanding of instructional design , multi-media training, and knowledge around key learning systems
Business process design and implementation
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 212648
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.