CenturyLink IT OPERATIONS TECHNICAL SUPPORT 2 in TOWN AND COUNTRY, Missouri
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Center Hosting Compute, the Associate Engineer is responsible for proactive monitoring, diagnostics and resolution of Tier 1, 2, and 2.5 issues related to the CenturyLink customer base in a team oriented support center.
The Adaptive Desk team is accountable for all platform support for CenturyLink managed hosting customers, comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment, Event Management and interacting closely with Problem management.
• Prove to our customers that every experience matters by delivering the best customer experience possible
• Follow all documented procedures related to the Associate Engineer position
• Keep the client and their open tickets up to date at all times on incident progress
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised off of alerts received from our hosting environment
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised by the customer via telephone, e-mail and portal
• React to proactive events in a timely manner as specified in the procedural documentation and training
• Work with management on individual and team wide progress and improvements
• Work in a team environment - multi-culture and global
• Duties as assigned by supervisor
• Confident, professional and courteous when dealing directly with clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
• Proactive and energetic nature
• Basic knowledge and understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure
• Working knowledge and understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems OR
• Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft operating systems
• Previous VMware experience
• Host and network based firewalls
• Understanding of Web Technologies: DNS, Load Balancers, Apache, IIS
• Understanding of Cloud Hosting technologies: AWS, Azure, CenturyLink Cloud
• Previous system administration experience with related technologies
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• A degree in IT, Red Hat or Microsoft professional qualification or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role
• Possess 1-2 years' experience in a server support and/or troubleshooting role.
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition # : 211503
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.