CenturyLink INTERN - ANALYTICS DATA OPTIMIZATION - SUMMER 2020 in TOWN AND COUNTRY, Missouri
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the International and Global Accounts Management group will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in St. Louis, MO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Candidates considering this role should have experience, be knowledgeable and skilled in the following areas to achieve the goals and objectives of this role.
• Determine the relationships among multiple data sources and types of information.
• Aggregate, cleanse, and normalize disparate sources of data.
• Analyze and interpret historical financial, operational, and transactional data.
• Create summaries, data visualizations, written analyses, and other presentations of work performed.
• Generate consistent and thorough documentation to support processes developed throughout the project lifecycle.
• Participate in internal and external team meetings.
• Maintain a professional image within the company.
• Have already experimented with data visualization methods using BI tools – experience with Tableau or PowerBI.
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an Economic / Technological / IT related field.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; as junior, senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel confidently (complex formulas, pivoting is a minimum).
• Strong interest in using technology to solve complex data problems.
• Have a large interest towards database management and development – the knowledge of SQL or other DML languages.
• Ability to engage in team-oriented projects within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Advanced decision-making, problem-solving, logic-based skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interact confidently with team members.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), quantitative, and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic, eagerness for continued development, and motivation to succeed.
• Ability to manage time and tasks to meet internal and external deadlines.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition # : 216899
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.