CenturyLink Senior Operations Service Manager (CDN, Japanese Speaking) in SINGAPORE, Singapore
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Position Objective/ Summary:
The CenturyLink Technical Service Manager (TSM) is an advocate and trusted advisor providing customers with guidance and management over their Network solutions; particularly in the area of CDN. Through building a strong customer relationship, the TSM will gain an understanding of their customer’s operational needs and ensure that services are meeting those needs. Providing technical operational governance over their customer’s environment, the TSM manages incidents to resolution, follows up with root cause analysis through problem management, corrective action plan development, and is responsible for remediating, documenting, and implementing processes that create efficiency and deliver exceptional experiences to their customers.
• Demonstrates full technical knowledge of customer’s business and related communication needs by advising on enhancements, modifications and/or options in CDN
• Creates, produces, and distributes performance management reports as required
• Creates and drives service improvement plans
• Provides technical guidance regarding preparation of, review and presentation of service metrics
• Provides ongoing post-implementation technical support across service delivery, service management and billing operations. Identifies and drives process improvements where necessary
• Reviews global change requests (Change Management) for customer impact and communicates change activities to key customers
• Reviews and prepares reason for outage (RFO) documentation, tracks action items, and ensures continuous service improvement for client services
• Analyzes customer’s trouble ticket history, identifies trends, implements service improvement plans to drive down mean time to restore (MTTR) and chronic or repeat troubles
• Develops long-term strategy, based on knowledge of customer’s current network, equipment and business, of how the company's services can competitively meet customer’s needs
• Provides an enhanced escalation point into the appropriate management functional areas to ensure timely resolution and proactive communication of service issues
• Recommends and handles network optimization for existing customer services
• Tracks network change management events, understand impact to customer's existing services
• Support network ready testing activities and migrating customers to new technologies
• Provides request for proposal (RFP) technical support where necessary.
• 24x7 on-call rotation for Priority 1 services disruptions
5-6 years’ experience in telecommunications support, maintenance and accountability
Strong communication skills, customer focus, sense of accountability, ownership, and drive
Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Experience working directly with Enterprise customers
Proficient level of understanding of the content distribution capabilities from end to end
Knowledge of Caching, Streaming, Storage, DNS and Security
Proficient understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Linux Command Line and Web Delivery
Proficient Linux skills
Basic knowledge of lower layer technologies including; IP, Ethernet, SONET/SDH
Experience in service management
Experience in working with/in large network organisations/Telecommunications providers
Understanding of PMP principles and practices is an advantage; ITIL Foundations certified
Knowledge of Hosting and Cloud technologies is an advantage
Strong written and spoken English skills; and Japanese language, would be an advantage
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems
Requisition #: 216070
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.