CenturyLink Senior IT Engineer (Unix Application) in Singapore, Singapore
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customer’s trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Purpose of Position : The Senior IT Engineer is responsible for the support of client managed application services. You will be a subject Matter Expert (SME) within the area of technical focus and provide escalation support while interfacing directly with CenturyLink customers, 3rd party Vendors and internal resources to ensure a superior customer experience.
You will have the ability to quickly adapt to supporting emerging technologies and procedural changes. He will be proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution. Should have the ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment.
• Assume ownership of Centurylink managed services, including both platform and application technologies
• Create concise and accurate technical documentation for consumption throughout Centurylink
• Participate and collaborate with operations management teams to provide root-cause analysis for all client outages and failed changes in the environment
• Establish standards and thresholds for monitoring and auditing to ensure stable and supportable operating infrastructures
• Define the standards and documentation for the installation, configuration, and support of client applications
• Review audit and performance results to facilitate proper capacity planning and service management
• Participate in an on-call rotation and shift turnovers to other global support teams.
• Drive for self-improvement in technical and non-technical areas
• Deliver superior customer service through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all Incidents and Requests for Change.
• Provide timely response, escalation, and resolution to promote the rapid restoration of services for all incidents.
• Provide methodical and successful execution of customer change requests.
• Maintain platform and solution stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of customer incidents, and proactive maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal skills that drive collaboration and promote a productive and creative work environment.
• The ability to effectively communicate with clients, peers, and management.
• The ability to develop and maintain internal and external professional relationships
• Strong desire to continuously develop, and drive their self-improvement
• Work effectively with minimal direction
• Install, configure, document, troubleshoot and tune one or more of the following technologies:
o Oracle WebLogic 11g / 12c
o IBM WebSphere Application Server
o Apache Tomcat
o Resin Application Server
o Competent in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
Apache HTTP Server
Various load balancers (ACE / F5)
SSL / Certificate Management
General understanding of networking and the ability to analyze packet captures in a multi-tiered environment
Ability to develop and modify shell scripts to automate procedures
Deep understanding of the process required to capture a thread and heap dump and analyze the results.
General understanding of host and network based firewalls
• Oracle SOA Suite administration
• Oracle OSB administration
• Understanding of python/jython scripting
• Understanding of DNS concepts and the ability to administer DNS
• Experience with various application performance management tools (Oracle OEM / Wily)
• Experience with application deployment technologies
• Experience with 3rd party SSL providers
• Experience supporting CDN based sites
• HP OpsWare
• Team Leadership
• Experienced in current ITIL methodologies
Requisition #: 207996
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.