CenturyLink Senior Customer Solutions Engineer (SD-WAN) in SINGAPORE, Singapore
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This is a customer facing role. Act as a Technical Consultant/ Network Designer who works with customers to identify and collect the technical attributes required to activate the SD WAN appliance on a customer’s network.
• Analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media.
• This position entails designing complex data networks with customers.
• Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms.
• Develops network solutions to maximize and reroute traffic and perform root cause analysis through appropriate commands, specifications and scripts.
• Configures systems to user environments. May lead cross functional teams or provide tier III support.
• Supports acquisition of standard hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
• Does not need supervision or guidance on routing, switching, or firewall policies.
• IP Security, Managed Router, and/or SD WAN experience is required.
• Candidate must have thorough understanding of IP networking, routing and switching.
• Must be able to mentor lower level techs.
• Candidate must have thorough understanding of IP networking, routing and switching. This position entails designing complex data networks with customers.
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience. 6 - 8 years’ of experience.
• +5 years related customer facing experience in the telecommunications industry
• Experience working as a Technical Consultant/ Network Designer who works with customers to identify and collect the technical attributes required to activate the SD WAN appliance on a customer’s network.
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
• Must have experience in planning and organizing data from various sources into concise, relevant information
• Must have keen attention to detail. Must be self-directed, understand the requirements, and take the initiative to complete tasks or assignments with little or no direction
• Experienced in interfacing with internal and external customers towards effective management of a project or customer expectations
• Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in diverse groups
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of other functional organizations
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must work effectively under pressure; organizing multiple tasks and projects in an ever-changing environment
• Develop documentation to be reported to all levels of management and customers
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science
Requisition #: 217138
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.