CenturyLink IT Operations Technical Support (Win, Unix) - 5 Openings in SINGAPORE, Singapore
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Center Hosting Compute, the Associate Engineer is responsible for proactive monitoring, diagnostics and resolution of Tier 1, 2, and 3 issues related to the CTS customer base in a team-oriented support center. The Adaptive Desk team is accountable for all platform support for CenturyLink managed hosting customers, comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfilment, Event Management and interacting closely with Problem management.
• Prove to our customers that every experience matters by delivering the best customer experience possible
• Follow all documented procedures related to the Associate Engineer position
• Keep the client and their open tickets up to date at all times on incident progress
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised off of alerts received from our hosting environment
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised by the customer via telephone, e-mail and portal
• React to proactive events in a timely manner as specified in the procedural documentation and training
• Work with management on individual and team wide progress and improvements
• Work in a team environment – multi-culture and global
• Duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
• Confident, professional and courteous when dealing directly with clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Working knowledge and understanding of UNIX/Linux OR Windows operating systems
• Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 support background OR Red Hat Enterprise Linux support background
• Host and network based firewalls
• Understanding of Web Technologies, i.e. DNS, Load Balancers,
• Basic knowledge and understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure
• Previous system administration experience with related technologies
• Understanding of Cloud Computing Services
• A degree in IT, Red Hat or Microsoft professional qualification or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
• Possess 2-3 years’ experience in a server support and/or troubleshooting role.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science
Associates or Equivalent
Requisition #: 216596
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.