CenturyLink Account Director (OTT) - Shanghai / Beijing in SHANGHAI, China
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Position Objective/ Summary:
Identifies and develops new sales opportunities, provides product solutions, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains positive ongoing relationships to the target OTT and Hi-Tech customers for the company in Asia Pacific. Responsible for the implementation of strategic and tactical sales account plans. Develops and maintains accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels.
• Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
• Develops and maintain strong relationships with acquired and/or existing customers in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, attain additional business, and retain existing revenue. Develops action plans to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
• Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
• Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the company's entire product suite. May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
• Minimum 5 - 6 years’ of industry sales experience working for a regional/global telecom provider
• Experience in strategic, technical, and business communications application sales
• Excellent communication skills and proficiency in selling to the close
• Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
• Working experience in Asia Pacific and understandings of business practices and cultures in the region.
• Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Computer Science
Requisition #: 216871
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.