CenturyLink INTERN - CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER 1 - SUMMER 2020 in SEATTLE, Washington
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Service Delivery team will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. Interns will have the potential to experience each part of the internal eco-system, learn system tools to manage customer orders, develop their own verbal and written communication skills, and learn cross-team coordination methods and how to solve problems. The internship will take place in Seattle, WA. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career that’s right for YOU!
• Partner with an experienced Customer Care Manager.
• Act as the single point of contact for customer orders.
• Collaborate and partner with sales and the various internal service delivery organizations to ensure orders are understood and implemented on time.
• Provide critical date management and escalation support to meet committed delivery objectives.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a business.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering junior or senior year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours per week, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Customer service, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Collaboration skills and use a team approach to accomplishing work.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Experience using computer systems and Windows-based applications including word, excel.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 216881
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.