CenturyLink CDN Senior Lead Architect in SANTA CLARA, California
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Generates sales opportunities for a specific product/service within prospect accounts and identifies upsell opportunities within existing customers. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, topics, methodologies, and core technologies in order to assimilate customer needs and design appropriate technical solutions. Acts as a champion internally, translating industry best practices, trends, and customer needs back to peer groups in Operations, Marketing, Product, Service Delivery, Architecture/Engineering, etc. to facilitate ongoing, actionable improvements to the suite of products in which they specialize.
• Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications. Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone. Interacts independently with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
• Reviews customer business requirements developed directly or by sales/sales engineering. Interacts with sales/sales engineers and customers on large complex deals for specific products.
• Assists in identifying key technical influencers at existing customers and pursues marketing generated sales leads to close new business with prospective customers. Manages a forecast and funnel for product specific opportunities within assigned territory.
• Proactively identifies areas of process and design improvement within specific product area and contacts impacted departments to recommend potential solutions.
• Coordinates customer implementation with service delivery organization and provides design clarifications. Interfaces directly with customer.
• Designs technical solutions that meet the customers' business objectives by mapping to CenturyLink products. Clarifies ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues. Provides guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements. May interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
• Acts as a liaison to internal groups such as Service Delivery, Offer Management, Product, Marketing, Architecture, and Capacity Planning to relay customer requirements and develop deliverable solutions.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• General Experience: Pre-sales role responsible for needs identification, qualification, and solutions design specifically with certain product/application.
• Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications within this area of technology with extensive knowledge of competitive offerings and trends.
• Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the competitive landscape including Akamai, CloudFront, Limelight, etc. Awareness of cloud technologies like Docker/Kubernetes, caching strategies, third party metrics such as Conviva and Catchpoint, monitoring and alerting toolsets
• Sales Ability: Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate business within an assigned territory. Utilizes Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or other solution selling methodologies.
• Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work with multiple levels of decision making.
• Problem Solving: Expert problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
• Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
• Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required.
• Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
• 10 years of relevant job experience.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
• Field of Study: Engineering, Physics
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-California-Santa Clara; US-New York-New York
Requisition # : 217891
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.