CenturyLink INTERN-CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER - SUMMER 2020 in ROCHESTER, New York
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the North America Operations group will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship experience will take place with our Service Delivery team members located in the Rochester, NY office. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Manage customer orders to activation for Internet, VPN, Waves, Voice Complete, etc.
• Provide updates to CenturyLink customers on the progress of their order to meet Original Customer Commit Date (OCCD).
• Manage a few orders under the observation of the Customer Care Manager.
• Assist other team members as needed.
• Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; as junior, senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
Enrolled to complete Bachelors Degree.
• Microsoft Office Skillset.
• Customer Service Experience.
• Advanced decision-making, problem-solving, logic-based skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interact confidently with team members.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), quantitative, and organizational skills.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-New York-Rochester
Requisition # : 216531
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.