CenturyLink Real Estate Analyst II - Monroe, LA or Greater Denver area in MONROE, Louisiana
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Real Estate Analyst II will review and confirm accuracy of payment streams in the lease platform(s) and subsequent payments in SAP, maintain ledgers for expense and income Rent, Deferred Rent, Prepaid Rent and Impairments, as well as other finance duties as assigned. They will work with Lease Administration, Corporate Accounting, Technical Accounting, Transaction Managers and Director, Real Estate Brokers, Financial Planning & Analysis, and others as needed. In addition they will collect rent and payment information from various systems and prepare reports as necessary.
• Analyze each transaction summary and/or lease agreement to determine the proper accounting treatment, prepare/update deferred rent schedules, review and update impairment schedules, and report the subsequent impact(s) to real estate expense. Work with accounting on reconciliations.
• Verify that the rent streams and coding in the lease administration platform are accurate.
• Process monthly reports and updates as needed.
• Prepare or assist with journal entries on a monthly basis, including recurring journal entries, corrections, accruals, and misdeposits.
• Maintain SOX documentation for the Lease Accounting implementation, ongoing effort, and any audit requests.
• Process out of cycle voucher requests from Lease Administration for various professional fees.
• Work on special projects as necessary.
• Strong financial and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of real estate systems.
• Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, including the use of advanced data evaluation formulas, pivot tables, filters, and V-Lookups.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities, maintain a high level of attention to data/result integrity, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other technical related field is preferred.
• Minimum of two years related experience.
• Prior understanding of FASB ASC 842 Lease Accounting Requirement is a plus.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 216724
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.