CenturyLink Organization Development Consultant - Leadership Programs in MONROE, Louisiana
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This role is focused on improving the overall development, engagement and effectiveness of the organization’s people leaders. This person is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of talent solutions for multiple leadership levels across the organization.
• Responsible for supporting the planning and executing of assigned company-wide and business unit initiatives in the areas of organizational effectiveness and talent management for leadership development and enablement.
• Support the design and implementation of foundational and high-potential leadership development programs at CenturyLink.
• Support the development and implementation of competency models.
• Provide recommendations for the improvement of existing leadership development program content and design based on research and benchmarking
• Proactively and effectively, partner with the respective Learning & Development instructional designers.
• Proactively research and stay abreast of best practices in OE/OD with a focus on leadership development and enablement.
• Determine appropriate curriculum, instructors, and scope for professional development and leadership training.
• Partner with talent development consultants to write or source material for new and/or updated professional development and leadership development training courses
• Create and develop resources for business leaders to leverage based on need/requested topic (engagement, performance management, leadership development, skill transformation, etc.)
• Collaborate with internal TM consultants and partners to enable business leaders to achieve desired outcomes
• Demonstrate strong business acumen to identify the most appropriate solution for the stated application.
• Continually assess the talent development library of courses and measure impact of programs and delivery channels.
• Recommend, track and provide regular read-outs on metrics for all solutions implemented.
• Leverage OD knowledge and experience to partner with Leadership Development and Enablement Consultants to:
o Support implementation and updates of programs to enable new managers - individuals new to management and experienced managers who are new to CenturyLink (i.e. onboarding programs, new leader assimilation activities, internal support networks, mentor programs)
o Support the development of a leadership competency framework which embodies CenturyLink’s culture and core values and can be incorporated into talent processes and systems
o Support processes that provide development opportunities associated with the organization’s succession planning process
o Facilitate Leadership Development courses, as needed, especially new people leader and general leadership development courses. – Note, I don’t know if this would be appropriate at this job level…would depend on the person and prior experience
Master's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
Typically, 2-4+ years of overall experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2+ years' overall experience with a master’s degree.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with various levels of leaders throughout the organization.
Degree in OD, I/O Psych, Human Resources, or Communication related field preferred.
Experience working in a large corporate environment
Expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Missouri-St Louis
Requisition #: 217664
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.