CenturyLink INTERN - MARKETING PERFORMANCE ANALYST - SUMMER 2020 in MONROE, Louisiana
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within Consumer Marketing will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship experience will take place in the Monroe, LA office. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, business functions, challenging projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Experience aggregating decentralized data / information into rational business analysis of performance.
• Strong project management skills from conception through completion.
• Able to review and make data supported conclusions regarding the performance and opportunities of the business.
• Ability to manage key tools, dashboards, and business assumptions across a multitude of product lines and market trends.
• Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with key members of other internal groups.
• Business Trends creation and analysis.
• Ability to translate business requirements into a data analytics for actions.
• Unit forecasting analytics to set KPIs.
• Problem solving and root cause analysis.
• Monthly/Quarterly metric reporting (sales funnel, website flows, etc).
• Analysis on website initiatives.
• Collaborate with others in marketing, sales and operations, pricing, etc to obtain necessary information to accomplish goals.
• Respond to Ad Hoc requests as needed.
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop revenue objectives and measures success that are leading indicators to inform adjustments to plan.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Marketing or related field.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating August 2020 – July 2021).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Ability to work cross functional and influence key stakeholders.
• Skilled in financial and operations analysis.
• Strong knowledge of financial concepts such as CLV, NPV, ROI, Margin, Etc.
• Ability to go ‘beyond the numbers’ to get to key insights.
• Sound judgment and strong work ethic.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• Ability to work independently and is comfortable working in ambiguity.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 216643
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.