CenturyLink SR OPERATIONS ENGINEER in LITTLETON, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Senior Engineer will work in a challenging, hands on environment supporting DWDM, subsea PFE, and SLTE. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to communicate effectively with peers, and customers. The job also requires hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls.
• Hands on technical support of Subsea PFE and SLTE.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Proficient troubleshooting ability.
• Develop and follow a MOPs and anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action.
• Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the communications, networks.
• Ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e., establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer-focused behavior.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering and Developers.
• Must have extensive working knowledge of the following: Ciena, Infinera, Nokia
• Trouble ticket generation and response; customer interface and escalations.
• Monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting Tier 1/2 events
• Familiar with Network Monitoring tools
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
• Proficient with configuring, troubleshooting DWDM equipment
• Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions.
• Create training manuals and train new and existing team members.
• Ability to make command decisions on a daily basis.
• Provide the team with leadership and guidance of daily tasks.
• Proactively provide management with situational awareness on daily and ongoing issues.
• Interest in leading edge technologies. Desire to develop own skills and knowledge.
• Required computer skills include Outlook, MS Office application suite, circuit topology, and testing tools.
• Must be willing to work Shift work 24x7 coverage, weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work-related experience.
This position requires solid interpersonal skills & a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a large technical support team!
Interfaces directly with various CenturyLink departments in maintaining customer network resiliency and while supporting reported network issues.
Must maintain the ability to self-manage assigned job role responsibilities to achieve desired performance results.
Acts as liaison between the customer and other network vendors or service providers while supporting high-level or escalated support issues.
Candidate must posses solid written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrates prior experience interacting with customers.
Candidate demonstrates experience in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Proficiency with presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a rapidly changing work environment.
Candidate demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues related to their support roles. (R/S, Security, VoIP etc.)
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 213519
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.