CenturyLink SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II in LITTLETON, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with experience working on networking service delivery automation. In this role, you will work with seasoned engineers who are creating new products and services using leading-edge SDN technology. As a key member of the team you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing.
• Implements computer programs for the purpose of enhancing and updating the computer system
• Tasks may include designing and coding programs and testing and documenting changes and enhancements
• Analyzes programming requests for the purpose of assisting integration with current applications
• Tasks may include project implementation, researching and evaluating problems, and recommending and implementing decisions
• Conducts training for the purpose of providing technical expertise to end users
• Tasks may include training for System Operator/Programmer, providing user activity education, and one-on-one support
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
• Proven experience with Linux
• Proven experience with virtualization technologies such as KVM
• Expert Java skills; experience with scripting and Ansible a plus
• Experience with networking desirable
• Experience with source code control tools (Git)
• Familiarity with systems orchestration
• Excellent system understanding and troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to work on your own in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong problem solving and communication skills required
Bachelor's in CS/ECE or equivalent experience
Around 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
• Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat/CentOS)
• Expert Java and scripting skills required
• Kernel, Utilities, Installation, package management
• Automation Testing
• Development of reliable, fault-tolerant software
• Agile practices, experience with source code control (Git)
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 210316
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.