CenturyLink INTERN - PLANNING - SUMMER 2020 in KENT, Washington
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. As an Intern within the Network Planning group, you’ll work on real-world projects and initiatives that will allow you to grow both personally and professionally. You will be partnered with an experienced mentor who’s highly skilled in their respective discipline. The internship will take place in Kent, Washington. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Interns will have exposure to personnel and leaders within our Global Planning team and across Global Operations departments including Operations, Engineering and Customer Care.
• System and process review to create simplification and/or automation.
• Driving transformation of how work is done within the organization and partner groups.
• Intern assignments within Planning vary across a wide range of disciplines including:
• Planning or capacity management of the voice, access, transport or data network.
• Planning or capacity management of hosting infrastructure.
• Operations support of our financial customers.
• Scripting and/or automation of general planning tasks or capacity management.
• Business process analysis and data solution development/scripting.
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree; junior, senior, or graduate education level at start of internship.
• Degree Focus: Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; graduating after August 2020.
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours per week, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic, leadership and presentation skills required.
• Ability to work well independently or within a group.
• Able to complete project assignments within discipline on time and within budget.
• SQL, software development/scripting and/or GIS spatial skills/experience is a plus but not required.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Kent
Requisition # : 217255
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.