CenturyLink Manager Network Operations - Federal (Gator) in HERNDON, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Primary point of contact for communications and status updates to the Government on all services in operations.
• Manage Tier 1.5 technical engineers within the ESC at NGA Campus East (NCE) and NGA Campus West (NCW) to support request fulfillment management, event management, incident management, and problem management in coordination with the ESC.
• Tier 1.5 technical engineers monitor the status of services and initiate escalation procedures to Tier 2 and 3 support when an incident cannot be resolved by the Tier 1.5 technical engineers.
• Tier 1.5 technical support monitor Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) reporting queues for incidents or problems received from the ESD or from other sources including the user community and service providers.
• Collaborate with the ESD and Tier 1 support teams.
• Manage and coordinate after hours support requests, unplanned outages and required cybersecurity actions for the Cybersecurity Technology Service in conjunction with the 24/7 Cybersecurity Operations Service.
• Implement a contract staffing plan that results in personnel assigned and successfully performing operations per the service support level descriptions.
• Proactively execute management processes and root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of defective services. Promptly communicates operational issues to the Government.
• Support daily (including Saturdays and Sundays) operations meetings with the Government to improve operational efficiencies and reliability.
• Support multi-level problem investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of enterprise level problems.
• Document after action reports on priority incidents in the case of system failures or unplanned outage. Put in processes in place to prevent recurrence of defective services.
• Create and modify management ticket workflows and queues within the ITSM tool (e.g. Remedy, Service Now).
• Maintain, monitors and reports on service support levels and service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that agreed-upon service quality and metrics are met.
• Create metric reports on INCs, CRQs and PBIs.
• Analyze and identifies operational trends.
• Provide ad-hoc operations metrics reports.
•Experience: 7+ yrs
•Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
•Field Of Study: Business, Telecommunications, IT or similar
•A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
•Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
•Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
•Experience with federal government contract processes, procedures, and RFP responses
•Successfully managed personnel to meet customer requirements and expectations
•Network Operations Center experience in a 24/7 environment
•Track record of delivery for complex technical projects within scope, schedule, cost, and objectives in the federal space
•Solid people skills with direct federal government customer contact experience
•Experience working in a multi-discipline environment
•Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
•Multitasking skills with a high attention to detail
•Proven leadership, management and teamwork skills
•Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills
Requires TS/SCI Clearance
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 216346
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.