CenturyLink INTERN - SALES ENGINEER - SUMMER 2020 in HERNDON, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Strategic Enterprise and Federal Government department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in Herndon, VA. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Assist Sales Engineers with design alterations to meet customer needs and choosing CenturyLink Solutions including Managed Hosting Services, Cloud Virtualization, Outsourced Infrastructure Solutions (managed and un-managed), and specialized Enterprise application suites.
• Assist with documenting, via diagrams and writing, to best describe the benefits of the solution and build relationships with customers.
• Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers.
• Participate in customer discover discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions.
• Assist Sales Engineers with creative design solutions for customers using the best mix of CenturyLink and vendor-partner products.
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering Senior year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint.
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently.
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology.
• Professional attitude.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 216642
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.