CenturyLink Director Sales I (Federal) in HERNDON, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Coordinates efforts for the attainment of sales revenue objectives for assigned account bases, contributing to the company’s bottom line. Responsibilities include sales team management, pricing strategies, application assessment, and development of business plans. Provides support to sales team with the goal of improving the company's market share and profitability.
• Builds a high-performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
• Contributes to overall database of prospects, as well as formulation of on-going programs to facilitate sales initiatives. Stays abreast of industry trends and assesses market and competition.
• Develops and participates in account planning and identifies strategic opportunities which lead to the penetration of new accounts and increase and grow existing revenue. Reviews business plans, sales strategies, and action plans for identified accounts to make sure objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules, and action assignments are clearly defined.
• Leads the development of business plans, sales strategies and action plans for identified accounts and targets that are clearly defined by objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules, and action assignments. Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasting and achievement of sales targets.
• Maintains rapport with key account leadership and establishes new relationships across the entire account base. Drives the strategic direction and growth of the company by providing support to sales team with the ultimate goal of accomplishing sales objectives. Collaborates on overall tactical and strategic plans to secure new revenue and maintain and grow current revenue base.
• Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
• 7+ years sales management experience
• Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
• Field of Study: Telecommunications/Sales/Business
• Active TS/SCI clearance with BI within last 4 years
• TS/SCI with poly is a plus
• Demonstrated sales management experience in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience
• 3 - 5 years business/financial background
• Exceptional strategic planning, account management skills required
• Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long-range account management strategies
• A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals
• Success leading and managing large sales teams
• Proven ability to hire, manage and motivate successful, solution-oriented sales teams
• Strong record in developing and assigning customer/prospect modules
• Military experience is a plus
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 216504
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.