CenturyLink Senior Paralegal - Denver, CO in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Senior Paralegal provides professional legal and business advice in a manner that facilitates, supports and promotes the objectives, goals, and business of CenturyLink, and that reflects the ethics and standards of the company. This role works on a wide variety of complex regulatory or utility matters.
· Review, draft, and negotiate various types of agreements under the supervision of attorneys, handling complex regulatory or utility matters.
· Collaborate and develop relationships with internal business teams and third parties to gather and synthesize information.
· Advises legal department managers of critical project developments in a timely manner
· Assigned matters generally have a significant impact on business activities and operations
· Interacts across all levels of management
· Uses discretion and independent judgment
· Manage special project work as assigned.
NOTE: Paralegal Certificate or equivalent training required.
· 5 - 7 years of relevant paralegal experience, preferably in a technology environment.
· Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· Team player, with strong communication, organizational, and drafting skills.
· Previous contracts database system experience preferred
· Detail-oriented and able to accommodate tight deadlines.
· Excellent multi-faceted communication skills. Ability to communicate with multiple audiences.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Law
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 212817
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.