CenturyLink Senior Manager, Software Development in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Manages team within IT Digital Delivery & Assurance.
This position plays a critical role in providing consistent and accurate qualification to all customers who are looking for CenturyLink’s products via all channels. Will work with Product Owners to streamline our Address and Network qualification rules to provide qualification as a dependable service.
• Member of Agile Scrum team participate in planning, demo and retrospective sessions.
• Manage development activities including strategic and tactical development activities to deliver the best in class experience.
• Manage key architecture components that are reusable, scalable, and extensible for future changes/enhancements.
• Identify and design key moments during complex customer journeys across major services/product transactions.
• Mentor others on the team by instructing them in the SDLC process (Agile), reviewing their designs and code and overseeing integration and deployment of modules they develop.
• Assist with POCs as requested by product owners within the organization.
• Create development environment for efficient testing and integration using fully automated CDCI environment.
• Ensure that the quality of our products and the response times are industry leading and meet the highest quality standards through benchmarking assessments.
• 5+ years of management experience of large enterprise products or solutions preferably in Telecom.
• 10+ years full lifecycle software development experience.
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure from Amazon, Azure, CLC.
• Experience with Various publish-subscribe messaging architectures like KAFKA.
• Experience with Edge Computing.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to produce high quality, maintainable software.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in Agile software development practices using tools such as Jira.
• Ability to utilize big data technologies such as Hadoop, Splunk to generate data driven Small Business experience.
• Experience with Advanced SQL/database programming in one or more of the following commercial relational databases: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 212347
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.