CenturyLink INTERN - ANALYST SALES - SUMMER 2020 in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Strategic Pricing Offer Team will be part of an accelerated learning experience within the Sales organization, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in Denver, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Responsible working with the offer team to perform a variety of finance and contract business activities to meet revenue growth objectives.
• Learn to negotiate pricing and contract terms.
• Understand and assist with financial and strategic ownership of business opportunities.
• Play a pivotal role in obtaining sales and profitability objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic services to multiple sales teams.
• Financially evaluate sales opportunities and provide risk assessment of customer requested terms and conditions (includes business case preparation for EFAA impacted deals).
• Consult with various internal organizations who also participate in the pricing/contracts process (i.e. Legal, Product Management, Treasury, Finance, Billing, Operations & Engineering).
• Gain knowledge in pricing methodology and SLA adherence.
• Learn CenturyLink’s Product portfolio.
• Develop skills in building escalation cases.
• Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or Accounting.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; preferred senior status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Basic knowledge of creating, interpreting and communicating financial information.
• Understanding of financial concepts and metrics.
• Ability to work independently, meeting assigned deadlines.
• Proficient in MS-Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work Authorization required.
• Available during specified internship timeframe; June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020.
• Reliable transportation to/from work daily.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 216649
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.