CenturyLink Sr Director Property Tax - Broomfiled, CO in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for all property tax planning, compliance, forecasting, and in states. Ensures compliance with all property tax laws. Manages compliance, valuations, and all property tax appeals and audits. Ensures compliance with all filing deadlines and payments. Manage internal and external research to develop and implement tools and materials to support tax strategy. Manage the accurate and timely preparation and filing of federal, state and local returns. Manage the timely preparation and distribution of financial information for compliance purposes using internal financial systems and tools. Responsible for determining legislative implications. Develops strategies for meeting company obligations.
• Negotiate with state and local taxing authorities to secure fair and equitable valuations through informal and formal hearings.
• Ensure all property tax compliance is filed accurately and on-time.
• Review all unitary and local assessments. File appeals as needed.
• Accurately determine annual budget amounts and provide updates in a timely manner in assigned states.
• Identify and advance property tax legislative initiatives and respond to legislative threats.
• Research, analyze, and create tools to develop and support department strategy.
• Create efficiencies by researching and suggesting improvements to systems or methods both within and outside the Tax Department.
• Manage the preparation and distribution of financial information for tax valuation and compliance purposes.
• Research and keep abreast of changes in federal, state, and local regulatory laws and implement legislative, regulatory and judicial developments to ensure compliance is in accordance with the law.
• Review monthly regulatory account reconciliations and adjust general ledger as needed.
• Manage federal, state and local regulatory compliance to ensure timely and accurate filing of federal and state returns.
Ten years of property tax management experience with a centrally assessed public utility.
Experience in telecom industry preferred. MBA or advanced business degree preferred. CPA, CMI or CFA preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge of all areas of property tax, including unitary appraisal methods, property tax laws and practices.
Finance or Valuation experience or certifications preferred.
Experience with federal and state taxing authorities.
Experience working in AdValorem Taxation,
Experience in complex financial modesl, valuations, and appraisal practices.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Accounting
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 218133
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.