CenturyLink Senior Tax Analyst in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for data management and analysis in support of team efforts to implement updates to various tax systems. Prepare and complete analysis with recommendations within established deadlines. Researches and keeps abreast of changes in tax legislation.
• Provide input for tax exemption rules and recommendations for tax exemption updates
• Prepare tax estimates for new deals to support Sales organizations
• Provide testing support for tax data warehouse (TaxMart) as a result of system migrations and database enhancements.
• Assist with acquiring, reconciling, and loading billing system data into the data warehouse for all billing systems.
• Support TD2 Leasing System reporting and the validation of its taxation rules.
• Conduct data analysis of large volumes of data to support various tax billing system and ERP system efforts
• Research and keep abreast of changes in federal, state, and local tax legislation.
• Meaningfully contribute to initiatives that leverage such tools as Alteryx to create efficiencies and cost savings by improving systems or methods both within and outside the Tax Department. Refine and document processes and monitor systems to manage workload while ensuring data integrity.
• Share Transaction Tax team’s responsibility to provide useful information to internal customers in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion. This information may include tax estimates, tax exemptions, recurring and ad-hoc data pulls/analysis, returns, manual credits, charge id mapping, GL account reconciliations, BTE/PCO JE’s, Revenue Summary/Line Count/MOU/TR reports, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience
Business, Accounting and/or Finance, Accounting preferred
CPA desirable. Experience in SAP, telecommunications tax compliance, and sales/use tax a plus. Strong analytical skills and ability to organize and summarize large amounts of data for management review. Ability to work well in a high-performance environment. Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities. Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access skills
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 215924
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.