CenturyLink Senior Data Scientist in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Develops and programs methods, automated processes, and systems to cleanse, integrate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions using machine learning and advanced analytics. Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analyses and experiments to other analysts, data scientists, team members and business partners. This position is responsible for various analysis work that directly influences management and executive decision making, system optimization, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and various analytics that guide continuous improvement to the Consumer Finance team and it's decision making process. The Senior Data Scientist will be highly visible to executive levels and will take part in shaping the future of Consumer Finance at Centurylink.
Ability to execute data discovery, exploratory data analysis, and iteratively develop predictive and prescriptive models to identify optimal solutions. Assist with operationalizing the solutions and changing business processes to maximize the value of those solutions.
• Analyze data and build predictive and prescriptive models in a wide range of areas including customer segmentation and lifetime, business performance, customer clustering, capacity planning, asset profitablity, cost management, and various other areas.
• Mine information for previously unknown patterns and insights hidden in these assets and leverage them for competitive advantage.
• The problems solved will be at the cutting edge of technology and will lie at the intersection of science, engineering, and business acumen.
• Be part of a highly skilled agile team and within the Consumer Finance team.
Specific Skill Required (Must have skills)
• Experience with SQL, database navigation in an Oracle data environment and Data Lake unstructured environments.
• Python and/or R data script writing.
• Very strong in math and statistics at the post graduate level.
• Masters in a mathematical and modeling discipline a must, PHD preferred.
• Experienced in writing formulas, expressions and algorithms as needed to support analytical work.
• Understands how to explore unstructured data to gain insights and build models to produce results.
• Strong communication skills and relationship skills.
• Ability to perform ad-hoc statistical analysis including correlation analysis, frequency distribution analysis, probabilistic modeling, sophisticated forecasting, and academic based predictive and prescriptive methods.
• Capable of modeling the relationships between many sources of raw data, develop models that can serve to provide insight to support decision making and guide financial decisions.
• Ability to write customized algorithms to drive predictive and prescriptive analysis in business management, creating actionable recommendations to improve Financial Decisions.
• Can be flexible to work on various types of projects, often balancing multiple deliverables with a wide range of complexity requirements.
• Is comfortable working with teams, sharing code among peers, and presenting to leadership.
• Has a genuine drive to succeed and self-motivated to take care of business , while positively representing the team.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 213401
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.