CenturyLink Manager Cash Accounting - Broomfield, CO in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The primary focus will be the daily management and leadership of the Cash Accounting group, creating and executing formal processes and procedures that govern our North American organization. Candidate is responsible for overseeing Cash Accounting, participating in the monthly close, and the management of a team of accountants.
Frequently achieves results through a number of individual contributors. Collaborates with Treasury on cash forecasting and Cash Applications team on processes. Represents Cash Accounting in interactions with Vice President and with internal and external auditors.
• Responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure designated cash processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with policy and regulations.
• Lead a team of accounting professionals, by clearly defining company and departmental goals fostering accountability, and getting results.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers to the organization, multi-task orientated.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial closing processes for Cash Accounting, including reporting, account reconciliations, and account analysis.
• Prepares documentation and analysis to respond to internal and external requests.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Assist in daily and monthly cash reconciliation process
• Prepares the statement of cash flow monthly and identifies and evaluates variances.
• Develop and monitor key performance indicators for the Cash Accounting group
• Ensures that the Cash Accounting process is working efficiently, focusing on a continuous improvement mindset.
• Ensures that the Cash Accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
Qualifications & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
Designation as a certified Cash Manager would be a plus.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 219258
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.