CenturyLink Lead Data Analyst in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The HR Analytics, Lead Data Analyst has responsibility for analytics, analysis, data, non- standard reporting, and metrics within a designated business group at CenturyLink. This role will compile and analyze data to provide decision support to help drive the business on topics such as operations, cash flow, headcount, workforce planning, development, engagement, cost management, and retention. The role will have accountability for supporting the design and development – and leading the interpretation of – workforce reports and dashboards, including identifying key trends, opportunities and problem areas.
· Serve as the primary consultant for internal clients to design and support analytics, identify and perform statistical analyses, and make recommendations on complex business issues in partnership with functional leadership.
· Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives to design analytic models to provide data insights to best support data-driven business decisions helping to maximize our investment in people.
· Gather and analyze data, using advanced statistical and predictive models to identify trends and root cause of problems to recommend headcount, assist in workforce planning, predict turnover, improve hiring and marketing, and other important business issues.
· Use technology, analytical, and quantitative research tools and models to develop and analyze cross-functional data as needed. Process large amounts of text-based data using software and statistical tools.
· Present methodology and conclusions of analyses to a variety of recipients including peers, management, and senior executive teams. Take the results of analyses and tell a story with the data to guide leaders in business decisions with the ability to explain details and high-level overviews depending on the audience.
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to promote data standards, quality, and governance to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
· Partner with the Reporting Organization to design, develop, and generate non-standard reports, scorecards and dashboards. Analyze the data to ensure accuracy and that the content meets business needs and requirements.
· Utilize project management skills and indirect leadership skills to facilitate projects. May serve as a project manager or project workstream lead on multiple projects, initiatives, or studies. Produce clear, concise reports and/or presentations to communicate stats, risks and key updates.
· A Strong foundation in using statistical and data visualization tools (e.g. SPSS, r. Tableau, Python, Oracle, Hadoop, etc.)
· Advance experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on data integrity
· Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
· Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience
Excellent executive presentation skills: ability to extract, analyze and present actionable information from complex research
Identify risks and opportunities, brainstorm innovative solutions, and drive actions to quick resolution
Think strategically, persuade stakeholders, and execute methodically and autonomously
· Strong relationship building skills with internal/external partners
· Experience working at a large, matrixed organization is highly preferred
· Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
· 6+ years related experience with Bachelors
· 4+ years related experience with Masters
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 212904
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.