CenturyLink INTERN-TOOLS AND AUTOMATION-GLOBAL IT INFRASTRUCTURE in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Global Tools department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 200 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to contribute to active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the Global Tools group will do project based work pertaining to data entry, reporting, and building dashboards within technical platforms.
• Tools and automation intern will use ServiceNow platform developer for reports, dashboards, and data entry
• Will write documentation, analyze process gaps, identify solutions, and implement required changes
• Assist with application monitoring with a variety of tools supported by the team
• Classification: Junior, Senior, or Master’s status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's and Master’s in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University (post-graduation internships not offered)
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• available to participate in internship program late May through early August
• available to relocate to Broomfield, CO
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Willing to learn new systems at a fast pace
• Professional attitude
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 209861
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.