CenturyLink INTERN - OFFER MANAGEMENT ANALYST I - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Offer Management department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Offer Management’s job is to increase profitable revenue and support Sales by:
-Performing detailed, customer-specific pricing analyses to formulate highly competitive and profitable service offerings and to help coordinate final customer contracts to support these offerings.
-Develop and evaluate complex pricing strategies and models to ensure long-term profitable growth.
-Providing consultations for unique product pricing, special pricing and approvals.
-Act as Sales’ trusted advisor for offer definition and deal negotiation in support of accelerating sales productivity.
-Develop persuasive Bid (RFP/RFQ/RFI) responses aimed at major accounts that focus on the customer's needs and why CenturyLink is the best choice for meeting those needs.
-Navigate and negotiate complex contract requests.
• Potential Activities include:
o Win / Loss, dashboards, presos, regular updates cadence
o Hyperscaler dim / dark
o OM reporting- update monthly dashboard, wins / losses revenue, ect.
o Refinitv monthly reporting.
• Cost savings initiative, PMO getting changes implemented in CAR/BCET.
• Promo tracking.
• New promo creation.
• Pro build / red bcet tracking / Capital tracking.
• Process improvement projects.
• Large deal / RFP work – Rick Lang spreadsheet operationalized.
• Introduction to Tier 1 – PTO support.
• Tier 1 APAC support.
• Vendor Assessment questionnaire.
• Update Content RFP Database.
• Help on large RFPs.
• Vendor Assessment questionnaire.
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing or related field.
• Knowledge in Business Management and Finance disciplines are necessary.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; as junior, senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Excellent working knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheet and presentation software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills.
• Project Management skills.
• Goal and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage financial models and develop business cases.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 216554
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.