CenturyLink INTERN - IT SYSTEMS ANALYST - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Strategic Planning and Transformation department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Responsible for writing code to implement business requirements.
• Involved in research and evaluation of new applications for the department.
• Attend and participate in team meetings.
• Apply analytical skills to find new opportunities and present their findings to the team.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and expand their suite of capabilities.
• Involvement with ticketing application support, including customer facing API.
• Change application support and development.
• We will be implementing telemetry and metrics across the entire space.
• Pursing a Bachelor's degree in an IT-related degree program such as CIS or Computer Science
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering junior or senior year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher
• Must have transportation to/from work daily
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
• Experience with Java.
• Logic and Problem Solving.
• Development Life Cycle knowledge.
• Time Management Skills.
• Current technology and development tools.
• Strong problem-solving skills, time management and oral/written communication skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 217051
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.