CenturyLink INTERN- IT PLANNING, TECH SOURCING AND VENDOR MANAGEMENT - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Strategic Planning and Transformation organization will be part of an accelerated technical learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink IT work projects. Interns will have the potential to help create a phased rollout of a Centralized Software Asset Management (CSAM) tool across many CenturyLink corporate domains while partnering with numerous IT professional disciplines and an external consultant group. There will be activities and assignments for you which cover many core IT topics and management areas. The internship will take place in Broomfield or Littleton, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career that’s right for YOU!
• Assist in rolling out a critical Centralized Software Asset Management (SAM) solution/software across multiple business units in the company, project is sponsored at the highest executive levels.
• Track/maintain current inventory of information relating to software, business contacts, and applications.
• Build out information tracking for our Top-10 IT Software suppliers.
• Manage vendor contracts, ensure they deliver expected Service Level Agreements on time/on budget .
• Analyze and project manage critical assignments in our application life-cycle process, help decommission aged IT applications and associated hardware/software.
• Design a website structure to help organize critical team documents while learning about the relationships between tracking, purchasing, and managing software contract agreements with vendors.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Management of Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Software Asset Management (SAM), IT Asset Management (ITAM), IT Program and Project Management, and IT System Engineering.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; junior or senior (preferably) year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
• Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
• Must have transportation to/from work daily.
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours per week, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Experience using web portals, entering data into applications, navigate standard Office programs (ex. Word, Excel) and understand how desktop tools and general IT applications work in E2E environments.
• Ability to work with small/large teams, coordinating with many remote team members via conference/video calls, telepresence meetings, instant messaging, and providing meeting/project summaries to leaders.
• Ability to gather and format business metrics, familiar with general IT hardware terminology and major software vendors, understand general finance/budgeting terminology, create and maintain tracking sheets and estimate spending forecasts.
• Work with internal team members, contractors, vendors, business partners, and various departments.
• and asset and vendor contracts tracking sheets, budget/spending forecasts.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 216941
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.