CenturyLink INTERN - DATA SCIENTIST - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Finance department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. We drive world-class margins through the application of deep subject matter expertise, process improvement initiatives and the application of advanced AI and analytics. This specific function is focused on Machine learning, Text mining and big data applications. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Construct models to optimize and predict probability for success of Early Term assessments.
• Assist with building out machine learning models to reduce time and workload.
• Apply python and other programming languages to help the Sr. Data Scientists with NLP, text mining and other applied technologies.
• Pursing a Master’s degree or higher in Stats, Analytics, Computer Science or relevant degree.
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• 2 years of Experience
• Experience in one of the following languages Python or R
• Familiar with Database and SQL
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 216791
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.