CenturyLink Director Accounting in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The primary focus will be on preparing and reviewing corporate consolidated financial statements and creating and executing formal processes and procedures that govern our accounting organization for all CenturyLink companies. Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Ledger, its monthly close, and the management of a team of accountants. Frequently achieves results through Managers, Supervisors and a number of individual contributors. Participates with the Vice President in representing Accounting in variance meetings with Executive Vice President & Controller and with external auditors.
• Oversees the general ledger accounting function, which includes consolidations, cash management/reconciliation, financial statement preparation and analysis.
• Lead a team of accounting professionals, by clearly defining company and departmental goals fostering accountability, and getting results.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers to the organization, multi-task orientated.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial closing processes, including reporting, account reconciliations, and account analysis.
• Prepares documentation and analysis to respond to internal and external requests.
• Directs and ensures that the accounting policies and processes, programs, and internal reports are developed, implemented and effectively administered.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Ensures that the accounting process is effectively supporting the corporation's strategic goals and company-wide informational and reporting requirements, along with supporting audit functions for external, internal, and SOX auditors.
• Leads accounting integration and transition work related to acquisitions and divestitures.
• Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
• Handles confidential and proprietary information.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
10+ years of relevant experience,
MBA, CPA or other designation
Bachelors or Equivalent in Accounting
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 217994
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.